Monday 16 May 2011

White Crow

By Marcus Sedgwick

Rebecca’s dad was a Detective, but because he stopped investigating a case, a trapped girl was not found, who later died. He moves with Rebecca to the little town of Winterfold to escape the abuse. Rebecca meets Ferelith there, who teaches her about the village’s history – the collapsing cliffs and the dangerous experiments.
There wasn’t a single character in the whole book that I didn’t like. They were all really interesting, and I wanted to know everything about them. My favourite character has got to be Ferelith. I loved her unique perception of life, death and the world around her. I loved her unbreakable spirit and how she could never be intimidated of anyone or anything. I liked the priest too, and how soon he lost his faith after he met Doctor Barrieux.
It was a very interesting book, especially when you were hearing from the priest and learning what he was doing with Doctor Barrieux. I had no idea of what they were doing until right at the end! I would have loved to know what happened to them afterwards. I was so upset at the ending that I cried! It was a bit confusing though, and I would have liked more detail into where Ferelith went.
The book gripped me from the very first page, and it continued to do so throughout the book. It was also really interesting hearing from all three main characters.
The only thing stopping me from reading this book again is the end. However, overall, I loved this book and I would definitely recommend it.

By Molly (Year 7)

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting, we'd love to hear from you! Sorry for the moderation, but as a school blog it's strictly necessary. We'll get it through soon!

Students - please leave only your first name and year group, no full names will make it through moderation.