Monday 2 May 2011

Monsters of Men- Patrick Ness

Monsters of Men is the third book in the Chaos Walking trilogy. In this book there is a war raging between the spackle and the humans.
In this book, I choose to pick upon 3 characters I enjoyed reading about.
The main character – Todd is the hero of the story, and like most heros he faces hardships. In the end I believe to my understanding that ... [EDITED OUT! SPOILER!]
The next character I picked was Viola. She is the heroine and the love interest of the main character Todd, Viola faces hardships too, especially the band on her arm that is killing her slowly.
The Mayor is the only character I disliked (a lot ). He is a twisted nasty piece of work, who tries to use Todd for his evil plan.
When I read the book I was so in love with the characters I paid little or no attention to the plot. What can I say it flowed lovely and I enjoyed it.
In the conclusion I believe that this book could stand on its own as I have not read the first two books and can not talk about it as a trilogy. I loved this book and could not put it down because it was so gripping

Hollie
Year 9

3 comments:

  1. Ah, you are SO RIGHT about the Mayor! I really think he's the most evil and awful character I've ever encountered. *shudders*

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mayor gave me nightmares! But I love how he was a convincing real person despite all the awfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omfg the mayor scares me like actually if they make a movie(which i hope they do) he would scare me if he was in any other movie i would not be able to look at him cause i would only think of him as the horrid mayor of prentisstown

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, we'd love to hear from you! Sorry for the moderation, but as a school blog it's strictly necessary. We'll get it through soon!

Students - please leave only your first name and year group, no full names will make it through moderation.