Saturday 21 May 2011

Monsters of Men

Monsters of Men is the third and final book in the series Chaos Walking following after 'The Ask and The Answer' and 'The Knife of Never Letting Go'.

It is about a boy called Todd and a girl called Viola. Todd found Viola in the first book 'Knife of Never Letting Go' and this certain book is all about war. At the beginning of the story Todd is fighting against the Spackle army along side the mayor of Prentisstown and Viola is trying to get to the scout ship. As the book goes on the war against the Spackle dies down and then the war starts all over again.

As the last in the story I found easier to read as I have read the two books before I read this one. Out of all the Chaos Walkings I think Monsters of Men is the best. throghout of all three books you have always wanted to find out what will happen in the end and finally this great series has gone with a bang.

My only criticism is that I think that Patrick Ness could have put shortened the length as of the book because I feel that it could have been put into a book almost half the size.

Overall I think this book is good and has a pull factor towards people that like war and running away so I would recommend it to any of my friends that enjoy reading long, fiction books which include war (which is quite a lot of my friends)

Harry Year 8
Monsters of Men
Patrick Ness

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree it so could of been put in a book half the size

    Yasmin Year 7

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, we'd love to hear from you! Sorry for the moderation, but as a school blog it's strictly necessary. We'll get it through soon!

Students - please leave only your first name and year group, no full names will make it through moderation.