Tuesday 17 May 2011

The Bride's Farewell

Pell runs away from home the night before her wedding, joined by her younger brother Bean. She travels to a nearby village on her horse Jack. There is more to the story line, but it is hard to explain without giving the book away!

I did not really enjoy this book much, probably because it just isn't the type of book I enjoy. The plot started off very exciting, when she first runs away. You're waiting for her exciting journey, and for exciting things to happen. But nothing does happen.

She just spends the majority of the book looking for Bean and Jack. It does get better when she meets the hunter, but his situation was strange and not really explained properly.

I have to say that the characters were weak, and my favorite one was probably Jack the horse. He sounded really sweet and gentle.

The ending wasn't very good. It was like the author had just got bored of writing and decided to stop halfway through. I wanted to know what happened next!! Not all the loose ends were tied, like what happened to Eliza and her brother? And Birdie?And why didn't Pell go back for Jack? I was very irritated.

A good thing about this book is the descriptions were all very good. I found it easy to picture what was going on, I had clear images in my mind of all the characters and settings.

By Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, we'd love to hear from you! Sorry for the moderation, but as a school blog it's strictly necessary. We'll get it through soon!

Students - please leave only your first name and year group, no full names will make it through moderation.