Thursday 19 May 2011

The Bride's Farewell

Meg Rosoff
The Bride’s Farewell is a book about Pell Ridley who leaves her family, her future husband and her life. The book is about her journey searching for everything she’s lost.
The book was good, but I found it seemed a little similar to other books I’ve read. I know that this book is original with characters and ideas though. I liked the development of most of the characters. Dogman disappointed me a little but I thought the plot was still good. I also felt that a lot of this book was little scenarios strung together and although I like that I thought not enough time was spent on them individually; each one only last about 40, 50 pages maybe. I thought the story was hard to get into but enjoyable once you started understanding the characters. I found that this book is good, it’s imaginative…but it wasn’t legendary. I think the story moved too fast in some places, skipping over things that would have added to the story. My favourite character would probably have to be Bean because although he could not speak he was definitely felt as important and he could convey so much without having to speak. You could tell how much he loved Pell.
Overall I found the book interesting. I enjoyed it but I still consider it a light read. The characters were a little undeveloped in some cases, like Dogman, I did not like him. I felt I knew almost nothing about him, not his emotions or how he felt about Pell. The ending was also slightly disappointing. I thought it need an epilogue or something to round it off. I was a little confused at the end as to future arrangements.

Jenna Yr 8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, we'd love to hear from you! Sorry for the moderation, but as a school blog it's strictly necessary. We'll get it through soon!

Students - please leave only your first name and year group, no full names will make it through moderation.