Monday 16 May 2011

The Death Defying Pepper Roux Grendaline mccaughrean




When Pepper is born his aunt sees a vision that from St Constance telling her that Pepper will die at the age of 14. He has been awake for two full minutes on his fourteenth birthday when he realises this is the day he must die. He spends the day with his family and although his father should be home he isn’t. He goes out for a walk to the docks and when he arrives he asks for his father who he finds drunk in a hotel. The story then follows him as he steals his father’s boat and sets sail to the ocean.


The story follows Pepper as he is sailing and he realises how easy it is to pretend to be someone that he is not. He has practically stolen his fathers life.
reviews,


I really enjoyed the book and I thought it had a beautiful style of writing. At first I didn’t think I would enjoy something like this but I really did. It was a great story and a really good idea to develop into a story. I would love to read more books like it but it was so unique I don’t think there are any like it.



The style of writing was adventurous and I really love stories like that. Pepper is a very kind character and he is always worried that what he said was wrong or if he had upset anyone.


Even though I have said all this I just couldn’t get into the book and I could not stay interested for more than 20 minutes. I think if it had some more exiting things in the book then it would be slightly more interesting. However hats off to Mccaughrean for it’s a brilliant book any way.


By Yasmin
Year 7

4 comments:

  1. Great review Yasmin, you balance out your opinions really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. please comment please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Yasmin year 7

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm begging you please!!!!!!!!


    yasmin year 7

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree - I just couldn't get into it!
    Molly (Year 7)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, we'd love to hear from you! Sorry for the moderation, but as a school blog it's strictly necessary. We'll get it through soon!

Students - please leave only your first name and year group, no full names will make it through moderation.