Thursday 19 May 2011

Out of Shadows

Out of Shadows is a book set in Zimbabwe after the racism war when Mugabe is in power. Robert and his family moved to Zimbabwe for his father’s work. Robert is sent to boarding school. On the way he meets a black called Nelson and becomes friends with him. However, at boarding school Robert meets another friend (this time white) called Ivan. Ivan was a racist bully. Robert has to make the choice out of Ivan and Nelson. Ivan and Robert became new best friends. However, even though they were best friends Robert does not completely agree with everything that Ivan does.
For me I would certainly read ‘Out of Shadows’ again. I thought it was a great book! My favourite character was Ivan because he really showed what bullying was like back then and he brought fun to the book. This book was really great at combining a picture in my mind. I loved the language that Wallace used for example ‘pomme’ as it really set the scene for me.
Overall I thoroughly enjoyed this book and would recommend it!
By Sophie
Year 7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, we'd love to hear from you! Sorry for the moderation, but as a school blog it's strictly necessary. We'll get it through soon!

Students - please leave only your first name and year group, no full names will make it through moderation.