Thursday 19 May 2011

The Bride's Farewell

The morning of her wedding, Pell Ridely, a seventeen year old girl, runs away tacking only essentials, her horse and her mute brother, Bean. She wants to escape from marriage and her poor condition of life at work. Along her journey she losses everything including all her money and prize possessions. She has no idea where she’s going, what she’s going to do, or how she’s going to survive!
I really enjoyed this book as I thought the description was amazing and actually magical! I could really picture everything that was written! I also thought this book was really easy to read which I think, was helped with the short chapters as (although I didn't want to!) it made it easier to put down as I wasn't confused when I picked it up again! I thought the characters were really nice to Pell in many ways as many people may have turned her down strait away because of her lack of money and state of her clothes!
The only criticism I had with this book, was that I thought there were too many characters in to short a time. This made the book quite difficult to keep up with at some points! Although I enjoyed this book, I do not feel that it would appeal to many people, witch is sad when it is such a amazing book!
Overall, I really enjoyed this book, and from today are certainly going to read more of Rosoff’s books if this one was anything to go by! I thought this book was really exiting and had a amazing plot which was action packed and filled with excitement!
By Jess (year 8)

1 comment:

  1. Know what you mean about the lots of characters, and they all seemed to crop up again later on, so from half way through you were always thinking 'hang on, is this the same person who...?' But I did like that it bought some characters back - I liked Esther :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, we'd love to hear from you! Sorry for the moderation, but as a school blog it's strictly necessary. We'll get it through soon!

Students - please leave only your first name and year group, no full names will make it through moderation.