Thursday 28 July 2011

Mr Gum and the Secret Hideout - Andy Stanton

Mr Gum and the Secret Hideout is about Mr Gum and Billy William the Third, who are always trying to destroy the town of Lamonic Bibber. In this book, they had a secret hideout where they were burning loads of meat to try and pollute the town. Polly, Friday O’Leary and Alan Taylor had to save the town.
I loved reading Mr Gum and the Secret Hideout. It was a funny, light read which was a nice change for me. The plot and the characters were very random, but that was part of what I loved about this book. It was unique, and even though it was seemed to be aimed for a younger age group, I could still enjoy it.
My favourite character was probably Surprising Ben, who I found really funny, but most of all, he actually was surprising. I also enjoyed the story, and how I never knew what was going to happen next, especially with Captain Brazil.
I would definitely recommend this book (and the rest of the series) and I give it a 9/10. I’m deducting one point because the size of the text and the waste of paper annoyed me.
Molly
Year 7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, we'd love to hear from you! Sorry for the moderation, but as a school blog it's strictly necessary. We'll get it through soon!

Students - please leave only your first name and year group, no full names will make it through moderation.