Friday 22 July 2011

Small Change For Stuart

By Lissa Evans

Small Change For Stuart is a simply written children’s story about a little boy on a quest to find a magician’s workshop. The book is written in the same way as a typical children’s book- the hero has to follow clues to find the prize. This book was a fun read for me, and I would recommend it for, perhaps, children inn primary school.

It excited, puzzled and entertained me. This is not a very complex book so is easily understandable and readable for people of many different levels and age groups. The title didn’t really attract me to the book, as it gave me an image of a young boy earning money, but the cover of the book interested me, so I picked it up.

I am very glad that I read this book because after several depressing books I have read recently, Small Change For Stuart was an uplifting light at the end of the tunnel. My main views on this tiny wonder of a book are that it was a good idea with a classical structure; for an uplifting, light read.

By Mia, Year 7

9/10
Recommended age: 8-13

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting, we'd love to hear from you! Sorry for the moderation, but as a school blog it's strictly necessary. We'll get it through soon!

Students - please leave only your first name and year group, no full names will make it through moderation.