Thursday 14 July 2011

Mr. Gum and the Secret Hide Out.

By Andy Stanton.

Mr. Gum is a series about a ‘mischievous’ man, his friend Billy the butcher, as well as a little girl called Polly, a rather unusual man called Friday, and of course a talking gingerbread! (Who could have a child’s book without one?!) they all live in Lamonic Bibber

These characters get up to many adventures. However, this particular book, is about Mr. Gum and Billy trying to pollute Lamonic Bibber by burning all the meat from the town! As usual, Polly and Friday device a plan to stop this bad behaviour!

I have read all series in the past, so in a way, it was like reading about an old friend! I again had a few childish giggles and loved the way the chapters were laid out. However, I feel that this series of books is very repetitive, so I did not enjoy it as much as perhaps, I should have, if I had not read the rest of the series. Although, despite this problem I still thoroughly enjoyed this book although am unsure if others of my age group would (I have incredibly childish humour!) but I would certainly recommend it to anyone in the age range of 5-10!

Jess year 8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, we'd love to hear from you! Sorry for the moderation, but as a school blog it's strictly necessary. We'll get it through soon!

Students - please leave only your first name and year group, no full names will make it through moderation.