Tuesday 26 July 2011

My name is Mina - David almond

The book focused on the diary of a small quirky girl called mina, who is home schooled by her mum. She writes freely expressing what she is thinking and talking about the world and it's creatures. Mina is a strong minded and well knowledged  girl, yet finds it hard to make friends or be the same as other children her age.

I have read skellig and I liked reading the prequel afterwards, as minas life slotted into the story of skellig and you got to know more about mina and how she met Michael. I loved how mina expressed her thoughts and how she looks at things differently than I would, giving you a new view.

It was a change to usual, and when reading even though every page wasn't a cliff hanger I still wanted to read on.The book was quite subtly emotional and made you feel upset for mina, as her dad had died and I think this had changed her. Also you could see she did actually want friends, but didn't know how to make them, with her being the unusual character she is.

Loved the book, it was beautifully wrote and the pages seemed to skip by magically!

10/10! Review by Chloe  year 8

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to read this book at some point, everyone seems to be saying it is amazing:)
    Nathan Year 9

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, we'd love to hear from you! Sorry for the moderation, but as a school blog it's strictly necessary. We'll get it through soon!

Students - please leave only your first name and year group, no full names will make it through moderation.