Tuesday 14 June 2011

Out of Shadows

By Jason Wallace
Robert is from England, but his family moves to Africa and he is sent to a boarding school there after the war. The school is changing because of the new government.

The storyline to this book was very good and I thought it was a very good insight to a different time period and continent than what we are used to. I thought the characters are well developed and I loved how when you forget about some of them, a few chapters later they come back.

I didn't like how at the end of most chapters it hinted how people were going to die, or what was going to happen. I found it very irritating. And also the writing wasn't perfect, and sometimes a bit clunky.

Overall I thought this book was good, but not amazing, and definitely not my type of book at all. So I give it 6.5/10
By Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, we'd love to hear from you! Sorry for the moderation, but as a school blog it's strictly necessary. We'll get it through soon!

Students - please leave only your first name and year group, no full names will make it through moderation.