Thursday 23 June 2011

Monsters of Men

By Patrick Ness


Monsters of Men

This book carries on exactly where the last book, The Ask and the Answer, left off. War; and Todd and Viola are stuck in the middle.

I did think that this was good but I didn’t like the way they chose to separate the story in the separate books; I thought the places chosen to start a new book could have been planned better. The Chaos Walking trilogy is definitely worth reading; the suspense and tension. The emotion behind the book was incredible. You tell and easily understand how much it must have taken to write this series.

My favourite character changed a lot throughout the series but in Monsters of Men I did like the Mayor, I think he was one for the most developed characters and he was very passionate. Monsters of Men I felt was one of the best of the series and I loved almost all of the ending (but that is because I’m really exact about details) but I think the ending it did have suited the book perfectly and tied it all together.

I have to admit this series I would recommend to everyone; however I could see why some would not like it. Indeed I thought it was an incredible book; I even have signed copies on my shelf! But I have only read them all once and I am not currently feeling the urge to read them again. The trilogy was fascinating and I could not put the book down but I thought sometimes it may not be something you necessarily want to read about (it is rather graphic).

Jenna (year 8) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, we'd love to hear from you! Sorry for the moderation, but as a school blog it's strictly necessary. We'll get it through soon!

Students - please leave only your first name and year group, no full names will make it through moderation.