Wednesday 25 April 2012

Small Change for Stuart

By Lissa Evans

When Stuart moves to Beeton, the home town of his Father, he thinks that he is going to be bored out of his brain, but he soon finds out things about his family he has never heard of before. Like that he has a Great Uncle, Tony, who was a magcian, but suddenly disappeared years ago. Soon Stuart finds himself wrapped up in an adventure to find his Great Uncle's secret magic workshop!

I really enjoyed this book, and I thought it was really cleverly written. This was the second time I had read it, and I enjoyed it more the second time, as I saw a lot of stuff I didn't notice the first time. The way things were linked was really good, and it made you think about how every action made something else happen or showed the direction of something else. There were some very serious bits and some funny bits (I really liked how Stuart reacted to the way his Dad kept using really long words that he didn't understand!). I thought the story line was really interesting as were the characters.

My favourite part in the story was when Staurt realised what his 'task' was and what dramatic consequences could come as part of his actions. My favourite character was April, because she was almost a bit of a mystery to begin with, and Stuart really judged her, but she turned out to be a really nice and helpful character, an important bit in the story.

Overall, I really enjoyed this bok, and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good, easy read.

By Emily B, Year 8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, we'd love to hear from you! Sorry for the moderation, but as a school blog it's strictly necessary. We'll get it through soon!

Students - please leave only your first name and year group, no full names will make it through moderation.