Tuesday 4 October 2011

Congratulations!

Well done everyone, your reviews for the Guardian Young Critics competition have been submitted, now we just have to sit back and see if we have any winners.  Many of you have asked if we'll be judged as a group or if they'll be looking at individuals, when they'd announce the winners and when the trip would be if we won.  

I don't know!  

But I do know that your work on the longlist was amazing, and they have now announced the shortlist from that selection (yeah, I know, their idea of a longlist wasn't terribly long...) 

The four shortlisted books are: 

My Name is Mina by David Almond

Return to Ribblestrop, by Andy Mulligan

Moon Pie, by Simon Mason

Twilight Robbery, by Frances Hardinge

I know I was very surprised to see that My Sister Lives on the Mantlepiece didn't get through, but what do you guys think?  

Read the announcement from the chair of judges, Julia Eccelshare, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, we'd love to hear from you! Sorry for the moderation, but as a school blog it's strictly necessary. We'll get it through soon!

Students - please leave only your first name and year group, no full names will make it through moderation.