Tuesday 27 September 2011

Twilight Robbery

By Francis Hardinge
Twilight Robbery is set in a world where the time of your birth dictates what type of person you are. Mosca Mye and Euponymous Clent were thrown together before the book starts, and live on money earned from trickery and deceit. They uncover a plan to capture Beamabeth, a mayor’s daughter, but they discover that Beamabeth is not all she seems.
This book was really interesting, but at first I wasn’t sure what was going on, and it took a while for the main plot to develop. I really liked the way the book highlighted stereotyping and I thought that the idea of the Beloved and all of the Guilds was really clever.
As much as I hate her, I think that my favourite character has to be Beamabeth. She was so smart and cunning, and I had no idea what she was really like, until Mosca explained it to everyone. Even though she was completely evil, I felt so sorry for her at the end and I think that’s a really hard type of character to create.
I would recommend this nook to all of my friends, but it wasn’t perfect. 9/10!
Molly  (Year 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, we'd love to hear from you! Sorry for the moderation, but as a school blog it's strictly necessary. We'll get it through soon!

Students - please leave only your first name and year group, no full names will make it through moderation.