Thursday 11 August 2011

Return to Ribblestrop

By Andy Mulligan

Ribblestrop Towers is a school filled with boys who are either orphaned or unwanted. There is only one girl- Millie- who is the leader. She, Sam and Oli are brought together, just before the term starts, by fate. They meet an assortment of animals (and their keeper) and two strange monks, who all end up coming to their school. This hilarious novel follows the children as the term commences and the adventure begins.

I didn’t think I would enjoy this book, however, it surprised me- I found Mulligan’s tale irresistible and I had to finish it. The author has transformed boring school life into fun and mischief as Miles’ unexpected actions cause havoc throughout the building. The plot is clever and as the children were drawn deeper into the mystery of the sword and the monks I couldn’t wait to read on!

Each of the children have clearly defined personalities and Mulligan has done a great job making them all unique. My favourite characters were Millie and Oli as they were described so well and played a vital part in the storyline. I also loved the daft, blind, lioness! Overall I really enjoyed this book. Surprisingly super and stupendously strange!

By Eleanor Lavender
Year 8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, we'd love to hear from you! Sorry for the moderation, but as a school blog it's strictly necessary. We'll get it through soon!

Students - please leave only your first name and year group, no full names will make it through moderation.