Thursday 11 August 2011

Momentum - Saci Lloyd

Momentum is set it the near future, in a world where oil and electricity are hard to come by, and run out often. Hunter is an upper-class boy, who has many energy privileges. Uma lives in the slums, cheating the system and constantly hiding from the Kossak soldiers. Thrown together in a moment of panic, their mission begins.
At first when I started reading this book, I wasn’t sure what to think. I couldn’t get into it and had no idea what was going on, but as I continued to read, all was explained. By the time I was halfway through the book, I couldn’t put it down!
I thought that Uma would be my favourite character when I first read about her, but when Rose was introduced I was immediately drawn to her. When you find out that she betrayed Hunter and Uma for her brother, you immediately think that she is an awful person. Maybe she is. But her actions were realistic and I would certainly do the same thing for my sisters in that situation. I admire her for protecting the one she loved.
An amazing plot, but 8/10 because of the beginning.
Molly
Year 7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, we'd love to hear from you! Sorry for the moderation, but as a school blog it's strictly necessary. We'll get it through soon!

Students - please leave only your first name and year group, no full names will make it through moderation.