Monday 8 August 2011

My Name is Mina - David Almond

My Name is Mina is about life from Mina’s point of view, a character you will recognise if you have read Skellig. It is a notebook kept by Mina up until the point where she meets Michael.
I thought this book was completely amazing. I loved the way Mina thought, especially about life and writing. It was beautiful the way she made words into art, a story out of gobbledygook and a blank page full of possibilities. It was really clever how, not only was this book a story about Mina, but it was full of Mina’s poems and her own stories. Even though it was just Mina’s thoughts and feelings, it still drew you in and I found that I couldn’t put it down.
Mina was an incredible character. She was so feisty, and yet she seemed so vulnerable when you read her writing. She poured her emotions out through words and it was beautiful.
I’ve never read a book like this before and I don’t think I ever will again. Some books stay with you forever, and this was definitely one of them. I couldn’t find a single thing wrong with it. 10/10!
Molly
Year 7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, we'd love to hear from you! Sorry for the moderation, but as a school blog it's strictly necessary. We'll get it through soon!

Students - please leave only your first name and year group, no full names will make it through moderation.