Thursday 28 April 2011

The Bride's Farewell


The Bride's Farewell is a beautiful story about a girl called Pell, who runs away from home and faces the cold threats of the outside world. With her for protection was her little (sort of) brother and her very own horse. Both mean more than the world to her. On her journey she meets lots of people, some friendly some evil. You get know each character like close friend.
One of my favourite characters has to be Dogman because he secretive but that makes the little things he does all the more exciting and meaningful. At first he seems scary and mysterious, but as she Pell starts to understand his ways you realise he’s kind man with a big heart. This is proven and the end of the book, when even though Pell left him he still has the heart to accept her when she returns.
The plot was very clever, how she meets people at the start and then how they’re linked at the end. It took a while for me to get into the book, I thought it was a bit dull at the beginning. Later on in the book, however, I got attached to it and couldn’t put the book down! The idea of the book was original and was different from anything else I’ve read. I enjoyed reading something new.
Most books always have their book in 1st person but I like how this book is from anyone’s point of view (3rd person) therefore making it more interesting and getting a variety of thoughts.
I thought the writing stile was beautiful as normally I hate description chunks, however in this book they captured me. I was hung on every word. I loved the part of the book where she was friends with the baker, Eliza. The proposal from William shocked me as he treated her horrifically when she declined.
Overall, I loved this book and thought it was beautifully written. I took a while to get into, but once you are it’s an amazing book. I would defiantly recommend it.
Louise 
Year 8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, we'd love to hear from you! Sorry for the moderation, but as a school blog it's strictly necessary. We'll get it through soon!

Students - please leave only your first name and year group, no full names will make it through moderation.