Wednesday 9 May 2012

Trash By Andy Mulligan


Trash by Andy Mulligan

Raphael, Rat and Gardo are just three boys who spend their days sifting through trash at the Behala rubbish dump. Until one day when Raphael finds a bag which turns their lives upside down soon they are on the run from the police trying to uncover a secret which will free them forever but will the police get there first.

I absolutely loved the book and thought it was really interesting. It was exciting and tense all the way through and I never knew what was going to happen next. I liked the way it was narrated by different people at different points and how so many characters narrated it. I also though it was great how you got everyone’s opinions in the story not just the ones of the main characters so you saw how people felt. The story had a great story line and I don’t think there are any other books at all like it. I thought that Mulligan wrote through the eyes of a child really well as the writing was quite child like and it did not sound like an adult. I thought the characters were all quite abstract and interesting and they were all very different to each other. However I think the ending could be a little different as I don’t really like the way it ends as it’s a little to fairytale for me and looks like it didn’t really have much thought in it. But overall it was a great book and I would recommend it to anyone aged 9 to 16 as some of it can be a bit upsetting so small children may not like it.

By Yasmin Year 8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, we'd love to hear from you! Sorry for the moderation, but as a school blog it's strictly necessary. We'll get it through soon!

Students - please leave only your first name and year group, no full names will make it through moderation.