Thursday 10 May 2012

my sister lives on the mantlepiece

My sister lives on the mantlepiece is a book about sorrow and happiness all rolled into one. Pitcher uses first person and pulls the reader in with her incredibly gripping story. James hasn't cried since Rose was blown up by a bin bomb when she was playing with some pigeons. He has a cat called Roger and a sister called Jasmine who dyed her hair pink on her 15th birthday. I laughed and I cried and I filled up with anger as I read this book.

Eleanor Widdowson yr7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, we'd love to hear from you! Sorry for the moderation, but as a school blog it's strictly necessary. We'll get it through soon!

Students - please leave only your first name and year group, no full names will make it through moderation.