Wednesday 23 May 2012

My Name is Mina


by David Almond

            My Name is Mina is a book, almost like a notebook, from the point of view of Mina, a very fast thinking, intelligent, young girl. Her father died when she was young, and a few years later, she left her school, to be home schooled by her equally imaginative mother. Mina offers a very different view to the world around us.
            I didn’t like this book, I felt that it was little too random and did not add anything to the story ‘skellig’. I think that it is a good idea to have a book from the point of view of Mina. But, I feel that the way6 he wrote it was a little too random and there was not really much purpose or even a basic storyline or adventure in the book.
            So, I felt that idea for the book was good, but that the way in which it was written could have been better and it could have done with a story like Mina going on an adventure, not just remembering some.

By Jodie yr8 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, we'd love to hear from you! Sorry for the moderation, but as a school blog it's strictly necessary. We'll get it through soon!

Students - please leave only your first name and year group, no full names will make it through moderation.